OET lies in the center of big market opportunities.
- The Global Market for Printed, Flexible & Organic Electronics will grow from $29.28 billion in 2017 to $73.43 billion in 2027.
- The value of products sold that will be made by printing will rise to $15.57 billion in 2025 compare to $9.15 billion in 2015.
- In terms of application, the global market is segmented into automotive, retail and packaging, electronics, and display among others
- Lux Research report forecasts an OPV market that will reach 97 MW and $159 million in 2020, fueled largely by applications in BIPV and Defense. BIPV overall, will grow to 27 MW of demand and a $44 million market.
- Meanwhile, Defense applications will expand to 34 MW in 2020, pulling in $64 million in revenues.
- “Organic Photovoltaics Markets 2016-2025” states that the market for OPVs used for building integrated photovoltaics (BIPV), solar chargers and off-grid energy generation will exceed $355 million by 2021 and reach more than $580 million by 2025 giving a growth of more than 63%.
(Source: IDTechEx, n-tech Research, Lux Research Inc.)