OET delivers unique competences in laser processes for nano-structuring and nano-patterning OE devices.
The use of an in-line Ultra-Short Pulsed picosecond Laser on a R2R pilot to production line, provides the process technology for R2R and S2S Laser Scribing, Patterning and Cutting solutions, for selective thin film material removal on rigid and flexible substrates under a low temperature removal mechanism (Cold Ablation).
OET’s in-line Laser Process Technologies:
- Complete removal of multiple layers without residues
- Increased active area (less dead area)
- High speed & Quality processing (μm Resolution)
- High precision control of the scribing depth
- No chemical waste – environmental friendly
- R2R & S2S process compatible
- Inert environment compatible
- Device Architectures (OPV, OLEDs, OTFTs, etc.) with μm Scale Precision
A wide variety of materials can be processed by short pulsed laser scribing:
- Thin films
- ITO films
OET implements laser-scribing P1, P2, P3 processes in order to minimize the power losses of the OPV products.
This advanced laser process ensures the necessary reliability of the manufactured OPVs to meet market demands in terms of operation, lifetime and reproducibility.
OET Steps for manufacturing Organic Photovoltaics (OPVs). Selective material scribing and patterning (P1, P2 & P3 Processes in OPVs). Maximum utilization of the OPV printed area with P1, P2 & P3 processes leaving dead area of less than 160 μm.
OET delivers unique competences in in-line R2R laser technologies producing high precision patterns on the OPV architecture with increased active area coverage from 45% to 80%, by complete removal of multiple layers without any residue.